- 2 thighs
- 1 tablespoon of salt (to exfoliate the chicken before cook)
- 6 glasses of water
- 3 stalks of spring onions
- 3 pieces of Ginger
- 5 cloves of Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ice water
- 8 pieces of ginger blended/minced
- 10 cloves of garlic blended/minced
- 1 stalk of spring onion chopped
- 1 cup of rice
- light soy sauce
- 1:1 chicken stalk (the soup after cooking the chicken)
- 4 pieces of ginger blended
- 5 cloves of garlic blended
- 3 big chilli blended
- 2 limes
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 6 pieces of ginger blended
- 4 cloves of garlic blended
- half stalk of spring onion chopped
- salt to taste
- Grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- Rub the salt throughout the chicken thighs to exfoliate so that the yucky or dirty stuff hidden in the skin will be cleaned. Wash chicken thighs thoroughly after.
- Boiled water in a pot and throw in the ginger, garlic, spring onions and carrot. Leave it to boil.
- When the water is boiling hot. Turn off and put the chicken thighs in and soak it for half an hour
- Turn on the water to heat up the water again and off it leave it to soak for another 20 minutes. Continue the process. You need your chicken to be soaked in the hot water until cooked but not boiled in it.
- Roughly 1 hour later (depending on the size of the chicken). Prepare a ice water and soak it for a minute.
- Heat up the pan. Add in oil and stir fry the blended ginger, garlic and spring onions.
- Stir fry until fragrant then add in the uncooked rice it. Stir fry it for around 5 minutes
- The reason to stir fry it longer is to allow the essence of ginger garlic and spring onions to infuse in.
- Add in light soy sauce and stir fry for another 2 minutes
- Transferred the stir fry rice to the rice cooker and add in the chicken soup (the one after boiling the chicken). Ratio of 1:1
- Leave it to cook like how you normally cook your rice
- Mixed the blended chilli, garlic, ginger and add 2 limes. Stir well
- Add in sugar and salt to taste
- Stir well ginger, garlic and spring onion.
- Heat up grape seed oil
- Pour the hot grape seed oil to the mixture. Add salt to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and soy sauce. Mixed well and pour in on the chicken before serve
- For cooking the chicken. Soak it instead of boil or steam. This will make your chicken meat very tender and juicy
Step by step Easy Chicken Rice Recipe with photos :
For the Chicken:
1. Exfoliate chicken thighs. The purpose is to force all the dirty things underneath the skin to come out so you will have a nice clean chicken thighs.
2. Boiled the water. Add in carrots, garlic, ginger and spring onions. Add salt to taste. When the water is boiling, turn off the heat and soaked in the chicken thighs. Soak for half and hour and reheat the water again. You want your chicken thigh to soak until cooked and not boiled until cooked. For my case, I soaked for 1 hour. The idea to soak it instead of steamed it or boiling it is… It will be so so so much tender. Just like the chicken rice out there!
3. In order to make sure the chicken is cooked, poke 1 chopstick into it and if clear water oozed out, mean its cooked! 🙂
4. Get a bucket of ice water and soak it for 1 minute.
5. Hello silky smooth chicken thighs!
6. Leave it to cool before you de bone and chop it.
For the rice :
1. Stir fry garlic, ginger and spring onion in a hot pan.
2. Add in the rice and stir for 5 minutes. Add in light soy sauce and stir fry for another 2 minutes
3. Transferred the rice into the rice cooker and add the soup into it ( the water to boil the chicken) Ratio of 1:1. Cook like how you cook your rice after that
For the chilli :
1. Mash or blend your chilli, garlic and ginger.
2. Mixed them all together, add some sugar and salt to taste
3. Squeeze in 2 limes and you are done
For the ginger sauce :
1. Mixed the blended ginger, garlic and spring onions. Mixed well. Heat up the oil and pour them in.
2. Mixed well while the oil is still hot.
For the chicken sauce :
1. Mixed well 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and light soy sauce. Pour on the chicken before served.
Combined everything and you can feast on your awesome homecook chicken rice!! Yums Yums!! For me, I rate my chicken rice 10. chicken meat 7 (not salty enough). Ginger sauce 6 (a lil bit salty). Chilli sauce 9
Its my first time doing everything from skretch! Extremely happy with the result especially the rice! I’ll make the chicken saltier next time *weee*